Are you one of those employees who works extra hours every day? Do you sleep with your smartphone on? Do you check your email at night and on weekends? Do you feel it is necessary? If your answer is yes, you are probably wrong. Working extra hours is not beneficial for either the employer or the company unless it is completely and utterly necessary.
What we really need to figure out is how to organize our time efficiently to be able to improve our performance in the workplace. In order to make this happen, you just need to follow these five simple steps:
- Wake up a bit earlier. You will have more time to organize your pending tasks and you will definitely have a more productive day. Make the most out of your day!
- Plan your daily tasks by giving priority to the most complicated ones. Always put the most important and complicated tasks first. Our concentration is always better during the morning and we have more energy. Leaving those tasks for the end of the day can be counterproductive due to the fact that, by the end of the working day, fatigue takes over, which can even lead to making mistakes.
- Rest from time to time. Every two hours or so, get up from your chair, stretch, walk across the office, go get some water, talk with your coworkers about subjects that are not job related and then get back to work.
- Delegate responsibilities. If you have a team that you trust, try to delegate some of your tasks, especially when you are in charge of a big project. Your employees will also thank you for the fact that you trust them enough to give them more responsibilities.
- Organize your workspace and your computer. If your workplace and your PC are organized, your ideas and tasks will be too. It is almost impossible to be efficient when your workplace is disorganized.